Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Shut Up Abby Wambach

International Soccer

Yes, Abby you are in fact ignorant and you should stop talking about the USMNT’s foreign born players.

This is what you said:

“Do I agree with everything Jurgen has done? No, I do not. It’s just my opinion, and I’m entitled to that. It feels a little bit odd to me that you have some guys that have never lived in the United States that play for the United States because they were able to secure a passport. To me, that just feels like they weren’t able to make it for their country and earn a living, so they’re coming here.

But do they have that killer instinct? I don’t know. I’d love to sit down with Mix Diskerud and some of these other guys and talk to them about it. I’d love to understand how much they love their country. I believe they can have love for both countries, but I’d love to hear it, and I think so many other people would, too. If this is an ignorant opinion, I’ll raise my hand in the end and say, “My bad.” But I’d want to have that conversation.” (Abby Wambach, Retired U.S. Soccer Star, Reflects on Her Addiction)

And here is an equally ignorant and plagiarized statement made about your homosexuality:

“Do I agree with everything the government has done? No, I do not. It’s just my opinion, and I’m entitled to that. It feels a little bit odd to me that you have some humans that have never been heterosexual that get to marry because they were able to secure legality. To me, that just feels like they weren’t able to marry for real and earn a living, so they’re marrying the same sex.

But do they have that marital instinct? I don’t know. I’d love to sit down with Abby Wambach and some of these other gays and talk to them about it. I’d love to understand how much they love their spouse. I believe they can have love for both sexes, but I’d love to hear it, and I think so many other people would, too. If this is an ignorant opinion, I’ll raise my hand in the end and say, “My bad.” But I’d want to have that conversation.”

Or how about this equally ignorant and plagiarized statement about your book:

“Do I agree with everything Dey Street Books has done? No, I do not. It’s just my opinion, and I’m entitled to that. It feels a little bit odd to me that you have some humans that have never published anything that get write a book because they were able to be a professional athlete. To me, that just feels like they weren’t able to make it in a real career and earn a living, so they’re taking advantage of their celebrity.

But do they have that writing instinct? I don’t know. I’d love to sit down with Abby Wambach and some of these other celebrities and talk to them about it. I’d love to understand how much they love writing. I believe they can have love for both careers, but I’d love to hear it, and I think so many other people would, too. If this is an ignorant opinion, I’ll raise my hand in the end and say, “My bad.” But I’d want to have that conversation.”


These are your words framed in a way that I imagine you would find offensive and hurtful. I hope this perspective allows for your introspection. Your ignorant speech is damaging and you should check yourself. But, hey, if this is out-of-line, I’ll raise my hand in the end and say “My B,” I just wanted to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© James M. Dion 2017