Friday, December 3, 2010

Welcome!

I finally decided to start a blog. Why? Fame, Fortune, and Glory...False.  I am starting this blog simply because I want to.  I had to start with a theme, and not surprisingly I chose sports.  The passion of mine since day one.  Dad, did you know of the consequences when you tossed away the unwanted "Sporting Green" section onto my bed as a child?  If not, I'm sorry, this train can't be stopped.  When it comes to sports there are no limits for me.  Playing, watching, talking, analyzing, arguing, whatever.
My family was on top of it:
"He doesn't like to read, hmm, he loves sports, at least we can get him to read that."
Well done mom and dad.
"College, he needs one with sports"
Well Hello... UCLA. Couldn't of chosen a better school.  You were good to me.  Special thanks to UCLA basketball.
"You should look for a job in sports" (my mom, duh)
Work in progress.
My brother's breakdown: "Sports, Sports, Sports, Sports, Sports." (imagine a geeky voice)
Yea, Yea. My rebuttal: "Film, Film, Film, Film, Film." Why have a blog unless you can talk about what you want AND take shots at your only, and older brother?  I see a sports inspired film in the future...

Anyhow. I chose the title "Defense Wins Championships" because it is my numero uno sports philosophy.  If you want to argue with me, let's start with that.  It's also a phrase that I've always felt transcends the sports world.  As I continue with this blog, I hope to start with a foundation on sports and discuss other applicable situations, and vice versa.

Enjoy, Learn, Discuss, Take what you want from this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© James M. Dion 2017